Environmental Public Health
Florida Department of Health in St. Johns County Environmental Public Health Program
Pool Safety – A Video by The Florida Department of Health
Is Your Well Water Well? - A video about well testing
The Florida Department of Health in St. Johns County (DOH-St. Johns) works to protect people from disease of environmental origin. Environmental health activities focus on prevention, preparedness, and education and are implemented through routine monitoring, education, and surveillance of facilities and conditions that may contribute to the occurrence or transmission of disease.
DOH-St. Johns County is currently responsible for over 1,000 entities in Florida’s fastest growing county! The work of DOH-St. Johns County’s Environmental Health Specialists is focused on the review of permit applications, ongoing compliance assessments and site evaluations, and permitting for environmental health Operating and/or Construction Permits.
Programs implemented locally by DOH–St. Johns include, but are not limited to, those outlined below. Information on these and other DOH programs is available at the DOH – Environmental Health website.
- Beach Water Quality
- Community & Commercial Swimming Pools
- Food and Waterborne Illness Investigations
- Food Safety & Sanitation
- Group Care Facilities
- Limited-use Drinking Water Systems
- Migrant Labor Camps
- Mobile Home Parks
- Onsite Sewage Treatment and Disposal System
- Sanitary Nuisance Investigations
- Tanning Facilities
Applying for a permit for the first time?
Application forms, reference materials, and website links to related Florida Statutes are available for review via the DOH - Environmental Health website. It is recommended that complete applications be submitted in person. Please note that submitting complete applications will help expedite the review process. It is also important to note that some permit application types also require the review of DOH’s Bureau of Environmental Health located in Tallahassee, FL.
Paying for your Inspection Report or Permit by credit card?
Credit Card Authorization Form (PDF, 480KB)
Schedule an appointment with a DOH-St. Johns County Environmental Specialist
- Technical questions can only be answered by a certified Environmental Specialist.
- An Environmental Specialist is available for office hours from 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Monday through Thursday.
- To schedule an appointment, please call 904-209-3250.
Need a copy of an inspection report or permit?
In general, most inspection reports and permits are available online via the DOH - Inspection Reports and permits webpage. If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please call or email us SJCHD.EH@flhealth.gov
Need to pay an Operating Permit Renewal Fee?
Fees can be paid online for the annual renewal of some operating permits for most DOH Environmental Health programs. Please visit www.MyFloridaEHPermit.com
How to contact the DOH-St. Johns Environmental Health Team
- Visit our temporary service center in the St. Johns County Health & Human Services Building located at 200 San Sebastian View, Saint Augustine, FL 32084
- The DOH-St. Johns County Environmental Health Team can be reached via email at: SJCHD.EH@flhealth.gov
- DOH-St. Johns staff can be reached Monday through Friday during normal business hours by calling 904-209-3250.