Florida Department of Health - St. Johns County
200 San Sebastian View
Saint Augustine, Florida 32084
The Florida Department of Health has developed a comprehensive program for preventing the spread of HIV and for providing treatment to people living with HIV. The Florida Department of Health in St. Johns County (DOH–St. Johns) can link HIV positive clients to medical care, case management, Ryan White and Medicaid services, and we offer a variety of confidential HIV and AIDS services.
- Services Available
- PrEP — HIV Prevention
- AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP)
- Is an Appointment Required?
- Eligibility Documentation
- Clinic Hours
The Florida Department of Health in St. Johns County (DOH–St. Johns) can link HIV positive clients to medical care, case management, Ryan White and Medicaid services, and we offer a variety of confidential HIV and AIDS services, including:
- HIV/AIDS Rapid Testing (results available in as little as 20 minutes)
PrEP is a comprehensive HIV prevention strategy that involves the daily use of Antiretroviral medications to reduce the risk of HIV infection in HIV-negetive individuals. In July 2012, the US Food and Drug Administration approved the use of Truvada (TDF/FTC) for use as PrEP in HIV prevention in sexually active HIV-negative individuals. PrEP should be used in conjunction with other preventive methods (such as condoms) to reduce the risk of infection.
What Is PrEP?
Are you HIV-negative but at very high risk for HIV? Taken every day, PrEP can help keep you free from HIV.
- PrEP, or pre-exposure prophylaxis, is daily medicine that can reduce your chance of getting HIV.
- PrEP is highly effective when taken daily as prescribed. PrEP is much less effective if not taken consistently.
- PrEP can stop HIV from taking hold and spreading throughout your body.
- Only condoms protect against other STDs like syphilis and gonorrhea.
If you have any questions call or visit the DOH-St. Johns PrEP Clinic. To best serve you, we ask that you make an appointment by calling 904-209-3250. Visit the Florida Department of Health's PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) webpage for more information about PrEP.
AIDS Drugs Assistance Program
The AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) is a statewide, federally funded prescription medication program for low income people living with HIV. This program provides medications to uninsured or underinsured individuals living with HIV, authorized under 42 U.S.C. § 300ff-26. Services are provided through the distribution of medication directly to eligible clients or by purchase of health insurance that includes coverage for HIV/AIDS medications.
Our mission is to provide access to HIV-related prescription drugs, disease management expertise, and support services to our clients in the most cost-effective manner.
If you are HIV positive and:
- In need of HIV/AIDS prescriptions.
- Have income at 400% or less of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Are uninsured or do not have adequate prescription coverage.
- Are not confined to a hospital, nursing home, hospice, or correctional facility.
DOH-St. Johns — ADAP Can Help! Visit Adap Enrollment to get started.
For more information visit the Florida Department of Health’s HIV/AIDS Section.
Types of documentation that may be needed for eligibility:
- A valid photo I.D.
- Your insurance card
- Proof of income for the past 30 days
- If you are coming in for service eligibility, a case manager can let you know what additional documents you will need.