WIC - Women, Infants, and Children
Florida Department of Health - St. Johns County
200 San Sebastian View
Saint Augustine, Florida 32084
Click here to review WIC Eligibility Information.
For more information about WIC, please visit the Florida Department of Health's WIC webpage.
WIC is a nutrition program for low to moderate income women who are pregnant or breastfeeding or who have recently been pregnant, infants and children under the age of 5 years. WIC provides the following services:
- Healthy foods
- Nutrition education and counseling
- Breastfeeding support
- Referrals to health care, immunizations and community services
The WIC program provides Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) cards for free food to use at local grocery stores. Grocery shopping is smart and easy with the WIC EBT card, and you can choose how little or how much you want to buy each time you shop with your WIC EBT card. WIC food packages typically include:
- Low fat milk
- Whole grains
- Peanut butter
- Fruits and vegetables
- Low-Fat yogurt
Additionally, WIC food packages promote and support the establishment of successful and long-term breastfeeding. Breastfeeding is the best choice for baby, however, when breastfeeding does not prove to be the best choice for Mom, infant formula can be provided. The formulas that WIC currently provides include:
- Enfamil Newborn
- Enfamil Infant
- Enfamil Gentlease
- Enfamil AR
- Enfamil Reguline
- Gerber Soy
Who is Eligible for WIC?
To be eligible for WIC you must be a current Florida resident, be at nutritional risk and be income eligible. Many working parents are eligible for WIC.
How do I apply for WIC?
Call the DOH-St. Johns WIC Office at 904-209-3250 (Option 5), to make an appointment.
What is the Cost?
WIC services are provided at no cost.
Is an Appointment Required?
Yes, please. In order to best serve you, we ask that you make an appointment by calling 904-209-3250 (Option 5).
Monday – Friday – 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
What should I bring with me?
- Each family member who is applying for WIC benefits must come to the appointment.
- One form of identification for you and each infant or child applying for WIC benefits. Forms of identification include a birth certificate, crib card, hospital birth certificate, driver’s license, military ID, photo ID, or a social security card.
- Proof of ALL income for everyone in the household (before taxes and deductions) must be provided OR bring proof of Medicaid, Temporary Cash Assistance, or food stamps.
- Proof of where you live. Items that are allowed include a utility bill, bank/insurance statement, paystub or driver’s license. You must be currently living in Florida, but you don’t have to be a U.S. citizen.
- Social security cards, if available.
- Immunization records for each infant and child applying for WIC benefits, if available.
We are here to help! If you have any questions, please call us at 904-209-3250 (Option 5).