Public Health (PH) is a specialized science that focuses on the community as its client for the provision of disease control and health protection services. As part of the integrated Florida Department of Health (DOH), DOH-St. Johns provides essential PH services to a growing population that is approaching 300,000 residents and approximately 6.5 million annual visitors to our County. Services are directly provided by DOH-St. Johns staff through the Service Centers listed in this website.
DOH-St. Johns Culture
The leadership of DOH-St. Johns supports a culture based on honesty, integrity and personal responsibility; that fosters diversity and mutual respect; an atmosphere of creativity, empowerment and teamwork; and trust, loyalty and compassion as the foundation of the values and beliefs that drive how we conduct business. Staff members are encouraged and provided opportunities to participate in decision making and provide input towards achieving Agency goals. Staff continually develops innovative strategies to accomplish the agency’s mission, vision, and values as listed below.
To protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, & community efforts.
To be the Healthiest State in the Nation
- Innovation: We search for creative solutions and manage resources wisely.
- Collaboration: We use teamwork to achieve common goals & solve problems.
- Accountability: We perform with integrity & respect.
- Responsiveness: We achieve our mission by serving our customers & engaging our partners.
- Excellence: We promote quality outcomes through learning & continuous performance improvement.