Florida Department of Health - St. Johns County
200 San Sebastian View
Saint Augustine, Florida 32084
- Bright Expectations
- Hand Washing
Florida’s Bright Expectations (BE) website is dedicated to helping our residents with unique abilities find the support, resources, and inspiration they and their families need to break barriers, defy lowered expectations, and achieve the brightest futures they can imagine. BE contains informational resources for parent’s that have children with developmental disabilities, as well as those recently diagnosed.
Florida cares about its residents with unique abilities and strives to help each one succeed. For stories, information, and resources to help you as you start this journey, click on Conditions to get started.
With Mental, Behavioral, and Developmental Disorders May Need
- Better Access to Mental health care for children and parents
- Programs that support parents
- Opportunities to learn, play, and socialize
Clean hands save lives! Regular hand washing, before and after certain activities, is one of the best ways to remove germs, avoid getting sick, and prevent the spread of germs.
- Get your hands wet.
- Put on soap.
- Rub soapy hands for as long as it takes to sing "Happy Birthday" two times or about 20 seconds.
- Scrub fingertips and between fingers. Make lots of bubbles!
- Scrub just below your wrists.
- Rinse off. Wash all those bubbles away!
- Dry your hands with a paper towel.
- Turn off water with the towel. Throw the towel away.
Download Printable Infographics: