Prevent Respiratory Illness
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If you do not have soap and water, use a hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol based.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick, and keep your children home when they are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow, not your hands.
- Try not to touch your face with unwashed hands.
- Do not touch or shake hands with people who are sick .
Download these educational materials:
- Prevent Respiratory Illness - English (PDF, 200KB)
- Childrens Handwashing Sign - English (PDF, 500KB)
- Childrens Handwashing Sign - Spanish (PDF, 3.5MB)
- Childrens Handwashing - Letter Size (PDF, 488KB)