Group Care Facilities Program
The Florida Department of Health (DOH) is not a primary licensing agency and does not conduct any inspections at homes or facilities licensed by the Agency for Persons with Disabilities (APD). Anyone Looking to open a group home needs to initially contact one of the following primary licensing agencies to obtain information on how to open or get licensed by that agency:
- Agency for Health Care Administration
- for homes or facilities serving the elderly, the disabled, and mental health facilities.
- Department of Children and Families
- for homes or facilities serving children.
- Agency for Persons with Disabilities
- for homes or facilities serving only individuals with disabilities.
Group Care Facilities Rule Revision
Food Hygiene Rule
Please view the
More Information about Group Care Facilities can be found at the Florida Department of Health Group Care Facilities Program webpage.
The Group Care Facilities Program provides information about: