Limited Use Drinking Water Systems & Well Construction Activities
Florida Department of Health in St. Johns County Environmental Public Health Program
Limited Use Public Water Systems (public water systems which are not covered by the Safe Drinking Water Act) and multi-family water systems are regulated by the Florida Department of Health in St. Johns County (DOH-St. Johns). Our staff regularly inspects new construction and operation of Limited Use Public Water Systems and multi-family water systems within St. Johns County, Florida.
The construction of private and commercial wells is regulated by Chapter 62-532 and Chapter 40C-3 of the Florida Administrative Code. Beginning September 10, 2020 please contact the St. Johns River Water Management District regarding permits for the construction, abandonment, and repair of wells at 904-448-7926.
For more information on wells, please visit the Florida Department of Health Drinking Water Website.
- Water Well Permitting Requirements for St. Johns County (PDF, <1MB)
- St. Johns River Water Management District
- Private Well Testing - Is your well water well?
- The Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- St. Johns County Property Appraiser
- St. Johns County Code Enforcement
- The Florida Environmental Health Association
- St. Johns County Utility Department
- City of St. Augustine
- City of St. Augustine Beach