Community Health Planning and Statistics
Florida Department of Health - St. Johns County
200 San Sebastian View
Saint Augustine, Florida 32084
View the article Seven Ways to Stay Healthy at Any Age.
The Florida Department of Health in St Johns County works with community partners to improve residents' health outcomes.
Watch this video: Why Should I Care about the 2020 Census?
- The 10 Essential Public Health Services
- Community Linkages
The 10 Essential Public Health Services describe the public health activities that all communities should undertake. Public health systems should:
- Monitor health status to identify and solve community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure competent public and personal health care workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.