Florida Department of Health - St. Johns County
200 San Sebastian View
Saint Augustine, Florida 32084
-Medicaid ACCESS (New Window) - Register for Medicaid
-Videos, Stories, Games, Quizzes, and Activity Sheets - for children from the American Dental Association.
-Oral Health Information for Parents - from the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
-Oral Health Topics - from the American Dental Association.
-Know Your Teeth - from the Academy of General Dentistry.
The Dental Program at the Florida Department of Health in St. Johns County provides diagnostic, restorative, preventive and educational services to:
- Children 0-20 years of age with Florida Medicaid
- Children enrolled in the HeadStart Program
Please call (904)-209-3250 to set up an eligibility screening appointment.
- Fluoride treatments
- Restorative (fillings)
Services are by appointment only with daily emergency times available. Please call to set up a service appointment. Call before 9 am if you need to be seen for a dental emergency, like a toothache.
Did You Know?
- Of children aged 2-5 years old, 28 percent have tooth decay in their baby teeth.
- Of children aged 6-11 years old, 51 percent have tooth decay in their baby teeth.
- Of children aged 6-8 years old, 10 percent have tooth decay in their permanent teeth.
- Of children aged 9-11 years old, 31 percent have tooth decay in their permanent teeth.
- Of children aged 12-19 years old, 59 percent have tooth decay in their permanent teeth.
- Tooth decay is the most widespread chronic disease in children and adults, even though it is mostly preventable.
- In Florida, 71 percent of the population has the right amount of fluoride in the water to help prevent tooth decay.
Data Source: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey