Office of Vital Statistics
- (904) 209-3250 x1001
200 San Sebastian View
St. Augustine, FL 32084
WIC provides the following at no cost: healthy foods, nutrition education and counseling, breastfeeding support, and referrals for health care and community services.
Women's Health Services - Assures Best Care (ABC) Clinic improves the health of mothers and babies through provider linkages and early access to prenatal care
Text4baby is a free service to help keep you and your baby healthy.
To protect the privacy of sensitive information and to prevent identity theft, birth certificates are not public records. Most often, copies of birth certificates are required for identification, to prove citizenship or other purposes such as obtaining a passport or driver’s license, enrolling in school, or applying for federal assistance or other benefits.
- Application for Birth Certificate (PDF, 210 KB)
- Credit Card Authorization Form (PDF, 181 KB)
- Birth Certification Release Affidavit (PDF, 119 KB)
Who can obtain a copy of a birth certificate?
As required by state law, access to birth certificates is restricted to the following:
- Individuals 18 years and older requesting their own birth certificate
- Parents listed on the birth certificate
- Guardians who present court documents showing legal custody
- Attorneys representing children or adolescents under 18. (They must also provide documentation.)
If the registrant is deceased, upon receipt of the death certificate, a birth certificate can be issued to the parent, spouse, child, grandchild, or sibling (if of legal age), or a legal representative of any of these persons
What is the Fee for a Birth Certificate?
$15.00 for each certified copy
Safe Sleep for Babies
Prevent #suffocation by placing a baby on their back, in their own sleep area, on a firm surface, with no bumpers or loose bedding. Learn more at Infant Safe Sleep Environment.
Note: This page contains materials in the Portable Document Format (PDF). The free Adobe Reader may be required to view these files.